It takes time
For things to mend
In time you were mine
Even though all I did was spend
Is this what I did to cover up the bad image?
An image that my friends say I covered up
But all it does is leave a blemish
The cup
Has begun to fill
And in that time my heart would be bound
It makes it seem like a drill
An echo left behind with a sound
Mount together with Elmer’s glue
That at any given moment it could be back open
But no matter what my heart would stay true
To only one person who knew me as well
You had given up on me
I had thought the worst of you this whole time
All that could be
Was that our love was a mime
Only to find that your love for me was not there
And to see how this had begun but now ended
And you wouldn’t dare
For our love to be bended
You chose this path
For both of us
In the this moment all that you were
And all that you are has turned to dust
Every memory that was us
Is nonexistent
It is just the crust
Of what was our content
Our life together has been put in the past
All that was of us was a gent memory of our past selves
Selves that both of us knew every hint of each other
Every scent, touch, and thought
Let behind with one bliss of a kiss upon my cheek
To end my suffering and leave behind all that was
Of us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
Followers
About Me
- meme4lyfe
- I love being myself with all of my freinds.I love being me...There is only one thing that keeps from blowing up when i get stressed out and that is being able to write.It keeps me calm and relaxed.
Awwwwwwww Meggy, this is a sad poem. LOVE it though!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat Poem!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNice Poem!!!!
ReplyDelete