Friday, February 27, 2009

The one I let go..

It was a dreary afternoon, rainy but the sun peeked out above the clouds as baby drops of rain fell upon my face. My black umbrella was above my head as I walked upon the sandy sidewalk. People along the grass not even paying attention to the rain that bounced onto their blankets. I thought of what I could be doing with my life on this rainy day but all I could think about was her. Her blossom red cheeks, with burgundy hair, and eyes that burst into flames when you caught her eye. We were fine…at first but as we got to know each other we seemed to grow apart. She was more interested it seemed in guys. I felt like a fling, maybe I was. I continued to walk down the sidewalk and think about why I wasn’t good enough for her. One day she sat with a boy named Dwight, he was more of a preppy guy with blonde hair and blue eyes. She never looked at me once- she ignored me, blew me off. I never thought she would act so childish but she did. Conversations were never the same from that point on. She gave me a sense that it was over between us. I thought she was scared of showing her true feelings for me. Then again she refused to walk down the crowded hallway and hold my hand. She didn’t want to be seen with me…at all. Today I approached her and looked into her eyes to say “Goodbye”. It needed to be done I needed to have some closure. It had always been hard for me to say goodbye, but this was necessary. “Goodbye Jasmine”.

4 comments:

  1. I love the persona you take on here. Some great descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow meg...love this story...you're so creative...i could picture that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaaaaaaaayyy. Nice story though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fact that you portray a person different than what you really are. I like that you give description in this so that your readers can visualize and maybe feel the way your main character feels.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love being myself with all of my freinds.I love being me...There is only one thing that keeps from blowing up when i get stressed out and that is being able to write.It keeps me calm and relaxed.